December 30, 2013

2013 Playlist

December 30, 2013
As we get ready to bid adieu to 2013 and ring in the new year, I look back at the music I became obsessed with and noticed that my music taste explored territories that I hadn't expected it to go. So many new artists and bands came to light all over the world that changed the music of all genres in this generation -- some good and some just painfully terrible. Nevertheless, it can't be overlooked that 2013 produced really great music while broadening to lesser explored synthesizers and the like. There were an amount of new songs that came out this year that recycled 80s/90s tunes packed with a nostalgic punch to the gut that didn't go unnoticed, especially to me. That era had probably the best music of all time (in my opinion at least), and it is so nice to see it being revived in today's music.


Keep in mind there are songs in my playlist that came out years ago, but I didn't pay any mind until this year. So without further ado, here is my playlist for 2013...





To name a few, this year I discovered Haim, Imagine Dragons, Icona Pop, Lana Del Rey, The XX, XXYYXX, Bastille, Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Lorde, Tove Lo, Charli xcx, Best Coast, Flashes, Nico Vega, etc. My top favorite band of 2013 would be The 1975. Imagine Dragons and The XX are close runner ups. Can't wait to discover more music, and expand my library next year!


What's your song or playlist of 2013?
Paper Charade © 2014