December 24, 2013

Top Ten Books I've Read in 2013

December 24, 2013


As the year is winding to an end, I look back at all of the books I've read in 2013. I've noticed that there were plenty of debut authors and debut novels that came into the scene this year as well as conclusions of series, many of which I've got to read and have yet to read. Many I thoroughly devoured like the last piece of pie, and others not so much. However, it was a great year for books of all genres this year, and I couldn't be more proud of the phenomenal writing authors have done so far. Narrowing down the top ten books that I read this year is so difficult, because I have read 169 books! You heard right. It's kind of tough to choose a favorite in a pile that size. My list surprised even me.

Majority of the books on my list consists of books that came out before 2013, but are books that I haven't read until this year. In no particular order, here are my top ten picks of 2013.


Alright that was the hard part. Which is why the list of runner ups is unfair. It's just as long as my list above. Some say it's cheating, and I'd probably agree, but can you blame me?




Shatter Me Starcrossed The Fiery Heart  Sentinel The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
From Ashes Breathe Into Me The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window Ruin Cherry Money Baby

Is that too many runner ups? Because I can't choose. Honestly. I narrowed my list of 169 books that I read, down to the top picks that I loved. Side note: I love Adrian Ivashkov!

Next on the blog (after the holidays) I will break down the list of books I couldn't bear to finish this year.


Have you read any of these books? What's on your top ten list?

Paper Charade © 2014