February 5, 2014

Scenes and Quotes I Hope Makes It In 'Vampire Academy'

February 5, 2014

The adaption of Vampire Academy comes out this Friday, February 7, and to celebrate, I compiled a list of some of my favorite quotes and scenes from the book that I hope will find it's way into the movie. Of course the plot points and twists must be included, but there are some minor details that they tend to leave out.

Quotes

Dimitri: "She might be wild and disrespectful, but if she has potential—"
Rose: "Wild and disrespecful? Who the hell are you anyway? Oursourced help?"
Kirova: "Guardian Belikov is the Princess Lissa's guardian now, her sanctioned guardian."
Rose: "You got cheap foreign labor to protect Lissa?”

Rose: "Hey Mason, wipe the drool off your face. If you're going to think about me naked, do it on your own time."
Mason: "This is my time, Hathaway. I'm leading today's session."
Rose: "Oh yeah? Huh. Well, I guess this is a good time to think about me naked, then."
Eddie: "It's always a good a time to think about you naked."

Rose: “The spell. Victor said you had to want me... to care about me... for it to work. Did you? Did you want me?"
Dimitri: "Yes, Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish... we could be together."
Rose: "Then why did you lie to me?"
Dimitri: "Because we can't be together."
Rose: "Because of the age thing, right? Because you're my mentor?"
Dimitri: "That's part of it. But also... well, you and I will both be Lissa's gaurdians someday. I need to protect her at all cost. If a pack of Strogoi come, I need to throw my body between them and her."
Rose: "I know that. Of course that's what you have to do."
Dimitri: "No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.”

Rose: “Screw you."
Jesse: "Are you offering?”
Rose: "From what I've heard, there isn't much to screw."

Dimitri: "How do you feel right now?"
Rose: "I hurt like hell."
Dimitri: "You'll feel worse tomorrow."
Rose: "So?"
Dimitri: "So, better get a jump on it while you still feel...not as bad."
Rose: "What kind of logic is that?"

Christian: “Don't worry, I won't bite. At least not in the way you're afraid of.”

Rose: “Whoa, Dimitri, I realize this is actually a current hit in Eastern Europe right now, but do you think we could maybe listen to something that wasn't recorded before I was born?”
Dimitri: "What does it matter to you? I'm the one who's going to be listening to it. You'll be outside running.”


Jesse: "Hey Rose, welcome back. Still breaking hearts?"
Rose: "Are you volunteering?"
Jesse: "Let's hang out sometime and find out."


Dimitri: "I'm glad you're better. When I saw you fall..."
Rose: "You thought 'Wow, she's a loser.'"

"They come first."

"Love and loyalty runs deeper than blood."



Scenes

Rose spraining her ankle via bench

Lissa's rescue mission

Lissa healing Christian after being mauled by psi-hounds

Rose failed attempt to "surprise attack" Dimitri

Lust charm scene

Psi-hounds and Strigoi's

Christian setting Ralf on fire in class

Rose punching Mia

Rose and Dimitri training

Rose vs. Natalie face-off

Rose and Lissa's friendship tiff

Dead fox indident

Lissa and Christian attic scenes

Flashbacks of when Lissa brought the raven back to life, and of Ms. Karp

Romotri and Dragomir scenes

Every explosive badass fighting scenes

Kirova and unanamed student or feeder(?) on her desk (that wasn't in the book but was in the trailer, so I want to know what the heck that's about and how Rose found herself underneath said desk)


Okay, so those scenes have definitely made it in the movie telling by the trailers and tv spots, but those are what I'm looking forward to the most.
Paper Charade © 2014