February 2, 2014

What I Listened To While Reading 'Vampire Academy'

February 2, 2014
I like music as much as I like books, if not more. Le gasp! So why not combine my two favorite things together? Some readers listen to music while they read a book, as does an author carefully listens to music while writing a book. 

Looking back, I've realized that I didn't pay much attention to what I listened to whilst reading. However, I do remember the songs I listened to while reading the Vampire Academy series. It took me a while to devour all six of those bad boys, so it was much easier for me to recall what I listened to while I was at it. I actually still have the playlist on my phone to this day, so I guess I kind of cheated. ;-)


I read Vampire Academy early last year -- specifically in February; so pretty much a year ago. At the time, I had just discovered Icona Pop and Charli xcx, thanks to their song "I Love It." I found each of their EPs and had them on a loop, and cracked open the books.

I made a reading playlist of all the songs I listened to when my nose was in the VA series. Though I must warn you, it's a weird compilation that doesn't even relate to the story at all whatsoever. Enjoy!




Not available on Soundcloud

Downtown -- Icona Pop

Heads Up -- Icona Pop

Weird compilation, right? I told you. And yes, I know, there's a LOT of Icona Pop. In my defense, whenever I discover new music, I like to play the hell out of them until they get annoying. Just like the radio.


If you noticed one song in particular in the Vampire Academy teaser trailer, the first song that played was one of the songs I listened to while reading the series. I thought of how funny that coincidence was. Song in question is titled "You (ha ha ha)" by Charlie xcx.



Since then, whenever I hear those songs, it reminds me of Vampire AcademyOther than that, what do you think of my reading playlist? Can't imagine listening to those while reading VA? I don't blame you, but I rolled with it. Did you listen to music while reading the series? If so, what were they?
Paper Charade © 2014