May 30, 2014

Flashback Friday {5/24-30}: What I Read One Year Ago

May 30, 2014
I'm going to switch the Flashback Friday posts a little bit. Each Friday, I will dig through my Read in 2013 list on Goodreads and flashback to the books I read a year ago. I realize that I should have done this at the beginning of this year, because January of 2013 is when I really got into reading.

Let's see what I read this week one year ago...


May 24, 2013 - May 30, 2013


        

   

       



I can't believe I started Jennifer L. Armentrout's Covenant series on this week a year ago! That went by fast. It felt like just a few months ago I met Alex, Aiden, Seth, and those crazy ass gods. LOL.

Madly series by M. Leighton was the first book I've read that had mermaids in it, and I thought that was pretty cool. It was free on Amazon at the time, so I just took a chance on a mermaid. Add royalty and princess protection detail, and Jackson *sigh* and it was just all-around fun and turned out better than I thought it would. I have yet to read the latest one though (unless it's not out yet).

I still remember From Ashes. And I'm still in love with Gage. Ultimate NA book boyfriend. I might just re-read that one as soon as I get the chance.

Breathe Into Me is still one of my favorite NAs. They don't make them like the ones that released around this time last year anymore.

I thought no one, and I mean NO ONE, would make me want to slap Jake Slater from Music of the Heart more, but I recently met a fictional character who made me want to slap him just as much. Loved Music of the Heart, just wasn't a fan of Jake. Abby could do better. Then again, I haven't read the others to see if Jake redeemed himself.

Tempting the Best Man, if I call correctly, was my first Adult book that I've read. I'm pretty sure of it. Anyway, I'm just glad that I found Jennifer L. Armentrout. That is all.


Have you read any of these? Did you like them or hate them?
What did you read one year ago?
Paper Charade © 2014